Tuesday 26 July 2011

My first message. 26th JULY 2011

So, 5 weeks tomorrow i will be leaving from my hometown of Inverurie and stepping into the unknown. I will lead a different life, where there will be cultural differences and i will have to become completely independent. Pretty Nervous to tell you the truth, not gonna lie. Leaving the comforts of home will be so difficult, the ones i love and the people i spend most of my time with.  This blog will allow me to let out my emotions, bad or good, i hope good though.

Starting on the 31st of August ( a Wednesday ) i will be stepping on a plane to Dubai, then on to Mauritius. A country i have never visited, and i will be living and work there for one year. I will be working in a Shelter for girls from a few months old to the age of 18.
Living in Mauritius will be totally different to living in Scotland. Of course the climate will hit me first. The hot humid days will pressure my body to change and get use to it, instead of rain everyday!!
The Food will be different, no home comforts,  no meals made by my mum, but me teaching myself how to cook with the facilities i will have and the ingredients available. Washing my own clothes, cleaning my home, maintaining a healthy life style.

Im scared, so scared. But this year i'm sure will set me up for life, the experience will be unforgettable.
hopefully i will come back with some idea of what i want to do with my life, but if not its no big deal? more experimenting to find whats right for me.

I will leave now with saying, thanks for all the support to get my overseas. I cannot wait, but it will be sad to leave!

My next update will be the day before i leave or when i arrive in mauritius.

Bonsoir

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment